This is a combination of the options directly before and after this one. You can choose courses from a variety of Correspondence Schools, and still have the freedom to design your own courses where desirable. This reminds me of eating out by driving through Taco Bell, Burger King, and Hardee’s, and then taking the food home, where YOU add drinks and dessert from your refrigerator.
- You have more freedom and flexibility in course offerings.
- You can choose or design courses to meet your student’s individual needs.
- You could provide more in-depth study in areas student wishes to pursue.
- You could allow early graduation and transition into the workplace, vocational school, or college.
- You are only stuck with a school’s scope and sequence, methods, course outline, textbooks.
- You have to keep records to document scope and sequence, study hours, grades and testing.
- You have to know what you are doing.
- When you design the course, there is no one to keep you accountable to follow through as you planned.
- You have to keep final records, send transcripts, and issue the diploma.
- You are locked into the school’s time frame for each correspondence course you take. There is a high level of parent involvement.
- You can get pre-planned courses when they fit your needs.